PERFUME UNVEILED: BASIC WORKSHOP
A man’s soul is his scent … He who ruled scent ruled the hearts of men
Patrick Süskind, Perfume, 1985
Under the guidance of a teacher from Mavive Parfums, the participants will be ‘initiated’ in the art of perfume, shown the basic notions of the compositions and create their own perfume.
- History. A brief history of perfume throughout the centuries: a fascinating journey through different cultures and geographical areas withmultimedia.
- Technique. What perfume actually is, its basic elements and how they interact.
- The olfactory families. How “the basics” of all perfumes are classified and an introduction to the concept of the olfactory pyramid using multimedia and “essai”.
- The raw and synthesis materials. Illustration of the most important raw materials, their use and exploitation from an olfactive approach.
- Preparation of a personal perfume. Using the raw materials and instruments, this practical exercise teaches you to make your own personalised perfume under the teacher’s guidance. The student may keep the perfume.
Lasts: 2 hours
Languages: Italian, English, Spanish